Do people respond to your emails?
- YES – You probably do 5 key things.
- NO – You could do 5 key things.
Add “Response Needed” at the end of the subject line.
Make it positive and personalized to set the email tone and indicate this isn’t a mass email.
Call to Action:
Tell the reader what you want at the beginning of the email. Use bold, colour or type size to further highlight your request/deadline.
Email content is best with:
- 1 subject per email, to stay on topic
- 1-3 short sentences per paragraph
- bulleted points, for easy reading
Note: Emails between 50 and 125 words are 50% more likely to be read (according to Boomerang).
Solidify your relationship with the reader and encourage/discourage a response.
Use these 5 key tips to get a response to your emails, as the average office worker receives 120 emails every day.