Why upgrade to windows 10?
[gdlr_video url=”https://youtu.be/3ngnzY5xtI8″ ]
I would be surprised if you didn’t know about windows 10 but they have now revealed their release date as next month and we thought we would put together some of it’s top features.
You might have seen a small windows icon at the bottom right of your screen, we have not got it yet, and when you click on it it brings up a windows like the one below.
If you haven’t got it yet and you want windows 10 then don’t worry chances are you just need to wait until you install all the latest updates for Windows. You can dismiss the message or register for Windows 10, don’t worry if you want to wait as you have a full year to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
Windows 10 top features are
- Free upgrade fro Windows 7, Windows 8 and windows 8.1 even if they are an illegal copy but this is only available for a year
- The start menu is back with your commonly used programs on the left but with live tiles on the right, so a mix of windows 7 and 8
- Cortana your personal assistant you can ask questions or make reminders, these will sync to your phone to remind you while on the go. There are Apple and Android apps for anyone not using a Windows phone
- Don’t need a password, use your face or finger print to unlock Windows 10
- Microsoft edge is their new browser to replace Internet Explorer and has some interesting features
- Take notes or make comments with a touch screen or using your mouse and keyboard
- shares these with your friends and family
- Cortana built in
- Reading view hides all the distractions on the page making it easier to read the main part of the website.
- New version of Office which is designed for Windows 10 and touch devices.
- New Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People, Mail & Calendar apps that sync what you do across all your devices
For personal use they have made new features for gaming including adding Xbox live to PC games with trophies and also allowing you to stream Xbox one games from your console to your computer through your home network.
Should you want help with Windows 10 then take a look at our Windows 10 upgrade packages
For more information take a look at this video from Microsoft
[gdlr_video url=”https://youtu.be/Wwc5jKc-EgE” ]